Fort Dodge Resources


Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program

The CASA program provides a trained volunteer advocate to represent the best interest of children who have been abused and/or neglected and who are adjudicated Child In Need of Assistance.

Categories :   Legal Aid, Youth Services

Phone Number :   515.824.3023

Website :

Contact Person :   Crystal Engstrom

Contact Email :

Services :   Child Abuse, Family Safety, Legal Aid

Iowa Concern Hotline

A source of help and information for Iowans in need.

Categories :   Crisis/Emergency Information, Financial Counseling, Legal Aid, Mental Health Services, Parenting

Phone Number :   800.447.1985

Website :

Iowa Legal Aid

Iowa Legal Aid provides legal help to eligible individuals who face civil legal problems. The services are free for those who qualify.

Categories :   Legal Aid

Phone Number :   515.243.1193

Website :

Contact Person :   Cindy Rybolt

Contact Email :

Juvenile Court Services

Juvenile justice agency serving Webster and surrounding counties.

Categories :   Crisis/Emergency Information, Family Services, Legal Aid, Youth Services

Phone Number :   515.573.1449

Address :   702 1st Ave S, Fort Dodge

Contact Person :   Tim Wilably, Supervisor

Contact Email :

Legal Hotline for Older Iowans

Free legal help for Iowans 60 and over.

Categories :   Legal Aid, Senior Citizens

Phone Number :   800.992.8161

Website :

Voluntary Paternity Affidavit Program

Every birthing hospital in the state of Iowa is required to provide information to unmarried parents regarding how to establish paternity. CWRTP developed a program to help hospital employees, community organization employees, and unmarried parents to understand the importance of paternity.

The Voluntary Paternity Affidavit (VPA) is a free form that legally establishes a legal father. Unmarried parents will receive a VPA at their birth hospital. The biological parents of child can complete the form any time after the child's birth. There is no age limit to establish a father through the VPA.

The legal father is whom the law recognizes as the father of the child. Legal fathers have the duty to support their children financially. When parents do not live together, the VPA can be used to get child and medical support orders.

Categories :   Family Services, Legal Aid, Parenting

Phone Number :   515.294.7343

Address :   415 Richardson Court, Ames, IA 50011

Website :

Contact Person :   Amy Peters

Contact Email :